Welcome to the 2015 FIRST Championship!
Stay tuned for a special welcome message from Dean Kamen, FIRST Founder.
You’re invited to come witness the fun and excitement as over 17,000 kids (ages 6-18) from around the world converge in St. Louis for the FIRST Championship, April 23-25. They’ve brought their skills, enthusiasm, infectious good will, and of course hundreds of amazing robots of all sizes to engage in friendly competition. There’s nothing else quite like it in the world! Bring the whole family; there’s lots to see and do (like robot competitions, amazing science displays, hands-on fun, and free giveaways).
What's new for 2015?
FIRST has grown so much, we have elected to extend activities beyond the Edward Jones Dome and America’s Center and add two new venues: Renaissance Grand Hotel and Union Station.
The FIRST Championship is the culmination of the season's FIRST programs, bringing together three separate robotics competitions for the ultimate Sport for the Mind™. The event includes the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Championship, the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) World Championship, and the FIRST LEGO League (FLL) World Festival. Also featured is the Junior FIRST LEGO League (Jr.FLL) World Festival Expo.
Our high-tech spectator events combine the excitement of sport with science and technology. Join our students as they showcase the results of weeks of intense preparation, competing in thrilling matches and working on their robots in the "Pits."
- As a 2015 FIRST Championship venue, Union Station will be ‘home base’ for 60 Junior FIRST LEGO League and 128 FIRST Tech Challenge teams.
- FTC Pits will be located in the Midway.
- FTC Fields will be located in the Grand Ballroom.
- The Jr.FLL World Festival Expo will be in the Regency Ballroom, located across the hall from the Grand Ballroom.
- All FIRST Championship attendees are encouraged to visit Union Station to take in the FTC action, see what the Jr.FLL students came up with during the THINK TANK™ season, and be awe-stricken by the beauty of the Grand Hall.
- As a new venue for the 2015 FIRST Championship, the Renaissance Grand Hotel will house a hands-on, Maker Faire-inspired exhibit featuring FIRST Sponsors, Suppliers, and other Special Guests.
- All FIRST Championship attendees are encouraged to visit the Renaissance Grand Hotel to receive exciting giveaways, witness new technology demonstrations, and participate in fun, hands-on activities for all ages.
- America’s Center will be ‘home base’ for:
- FIRST LEGO League – roughly 100 teams; Pits and Fields in close proximity
- FIRST Robotics Competition – 600 teams; Pits
- For 2015, the Edward Jones Dome will continue to house the largest Championship events – the FIRST Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- FRC Fields will be in the Edward Jones Dome.