Use the Campus Guide for an overview of the events happening at each venue. In addition to the Edward Jones Dome and America’s Center, Championship activities will also be held in the Marriot Grand Hotel and Union Station. Upon arrival in St. Louis, be sure to download the 2016 FIRST Championship Event App.
Edward Jones Dome (DM)
- FIRST ® Robotics Competition (grades 9-12) – High-school students from over 600 teams compete on special playing fields with 120 lb. robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. Watch teams compete in this year’s robotics challenge, “FIRST STRONGHOLD ℠” on eight playing fields in the Edwards Jones Dome.
- For 2016, the Edward Jones Dome will continue to house the largest Championship events – the FIRST Welcome and Closing Ceremony and the FIRST Finale.
America’s Center (AC)
- FIRST ® LEGO ® League (ages 9-16) – Elementary and middle-school kids are judged on Core Values, Robot Design, and Project. Additionally, in the Robot Game, LEGO MINDSTORMS ®-based robots are programmed by team members to complete “missions” on a playing field. This year’s challenge, “TRASH TREK ℠,” asked teams to explore the hidden but fascinating world of trash, from collection, to sorting, to smart production, and reuse. All activities will be held in Hall 1 at the America’s Center, where you can see 108 teams work on their robots and compete.
- All 600 FIRST Robotics Competition teams’ Pits will be in Halls 2 - 5 (safety glasses provided and required).
- Special Events – The Ferrara Theater and America’s Ballroom are housed in the America’s Center, where special events such as the FIRST LEGO League and FIRST LEGO League Jr. Awards Ceremonies, and various Championship Conferences will be held.
St. Louis Union Station (US)
- FIRST ® Tech Challenge (grades 7-12) – Middle and high-school students compete on special playing fields with robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. One hundred and twenty-eight teams will compete; Pits will be located in the Midway (safety glasses provided and required); Fields will be located in the Grand Ballroom.
- FIRST ® LEGO ® League Jr. (grades K-3) – Elementary-school kids are challenged to explore a WASTE WISE℠ scientific topic, then present what they learned with a Show Me poster and a powered LEGO model. Sixty teams will present their findings at the FIRST LEGO League Jr. World Festival Expo located in the Regency Ballroom.
The Marriott Grand Hotel (MG)
- Marriott Grand Hotel will house a hands-on, Maker Faire-inspired area featuring FIRST Sponsors, Suppliers, Scholarship Providers, and other Special Guests. All FIRST Championship attendees are encouraged to participate in the FIRST Innovation Faire, where attendees can receive exciting giveaways, witness new technology demonstrations, and participate in fun, hands-on activities for all ages.
Peabody Opera House (PB)
- NEW* - The historic and recently restored, beautiful Peabody Opera House will host the FIRST Tech Challenge Awards Ceremony on Friday afternoon.
FIRST is requiring that all FIRST Championship attendees register for the event. This includes all team Mentors/Coaches, student team members, and general spectators. Registration grants attendees access to participant-only activities and event transportation. Additionally, registration adds to the security of the expanded event.
Registration sponsored by
Teams are invited to register in advance. Visit the online registration and badging for participating teams. Team Mentors/Coaches and students will receive their badges upon team check-in at the event.
Volunteers: Volunteer registrations are initiated a few days after role assignments have been made. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Invited Guests: Special Invited Guests registrations are initiated by invitation only. If you believe that you should receive an invitation to register, please contact email@example.com
Exhibitors: Innovation Faire Exhibitor registrations are initiated by invitation only. If you believe that you should receive an invitation to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: We welcome professional media and communications individuals who meet the eligibility requirements to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST. Register now.
Attendee Registration Kiosk Locations
America’s Center/Edward Jones Dome: outside of Hall 3 in the America’s Center; best accessed via Entry A or Washington Street entrance.
- Tuesday: 8am - 6pm
- Wednesday: 6am - 8pm (FIRST LEGO League 11am - 4:30pm)
- Thursday: 6am - 7pm
- Friday: 6am - 7pm
- Saturday: 6am - 5pm
Union Station: best accessed via the 20th street entrance.
- Tuesday (FIRST Tech Challenge early bird): 5pm - 8pm
- Wednesday: 6am - 4pm
- Thursday: 6am - 5pm (FIRST LEGO League Jr. 1:30pm - 5pm)
- Friday: 6am - 5pm
- Saturday: 6am - 3pm
Marriott Grand: outside of the Landmark Ballroom; best accessed via the Ballroom entrance of the Marriott Grand Hotel on Washington Avenue.
- Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
- Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Travel and Local Info
Travel, Activities and Meal Deals
Attention All Teams, Guests, Volunteers and Exhibitors:
- Get the scoop on FIRST-related activities and the FIRST Finale - a multi-sensory experience for all ages
- Are you an international team in need of a one stop travel support? View the GET Sports Flyer
- Are you In need of Group Airfare, Charter Bus, Rental Vehicles, Airport shuttles, etc? View the GET Sports Flyer
- Want to make the most of your stay in St. Louis with exclusive FIRST -only events, activities and discounted meals? Visit the GET Sports Website
- America's Center for FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST LEGO League teams
- Union Station for FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST LEGO League Jr. teams
Shuttle buses will be provided between campus venues for all registered attendees with badge. Start times indicate first departure. End times indicate last passenger pickup from America’s Center/Union Station. Service intervals are expected between 8 – 10 minutes during peak times and 15 – 20 minutes during off-peak service.
- America’s Center/Dome - Pick-up at Entry A at 7th and Convention Plaza
- St Louis Union Station - Pick-up at 20th St. Entrance
- Marriott Grand Ballroom Complex - Dropoff only at Washington Ave. Entrance
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
11:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
8:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Friday, April 29, 2016
7:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
2:30 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. Additional drop at Peabody Opera House
Saturday, April 30, 2016
7:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.