Campus Guide - St. Louis
Use the Campus Guide for an overview of the events happening at each venue. In addition to the Edward Jones Dome and America’s Center, Championship activities will also be held in the Marriot Grand Hotel and Union Station. Upon arrival in St. Louis, be sure to download the FIRST Championship Event App.
Edward Jones Dome (DM)
- FIRST® Robotics Competition (grades 9-12) - High school students from over 400 teams compete on special playing fields with robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. Watch teams compete in this year’s robotics challenge on six playing fields. Fields will be in the Edward Jones Dome.
- For 2017, the Edward Jones Dome will continue to house the largest Championship events – the FIRST Welcome and Closing Ceremony and the FIRST Finale.
America’s Center (AC)
- FIRST® LEGO® League (ages 9-16) – Elementary and middle school kids are judged on Core Values, Robot Design, and Project. All activities will be held in Hall 1 at the America’s Center, where you can see 108 teams work on their robots and compete.
- All 400 FIRST Robotics Competition Teams’ Pits will be in Halls 2 - 5 (safety glasses provided and required).
- Special Events – The Ferrara Theater and America’s Ballroom are housed in the America’s Center, where special events such as the FIRST LEGO League and FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Awards Ceremonies, and various Championship Conferences will be held.
St. Louis Union Station (US)
- FIRST® Tech Challenge (grades 7-12) – Middle and high school students from 128 teams will compete on special playing fields with robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. Pits will be located in the Midway (safety glasses provided and required); Fields will be located in the Grand Ballroom.
- FIRST LEGO League Jr. (grades K-4) – Elementary school kids from 60 teams are challenged to explore a scientific topic, then present what they learned with a Show Me poster and a powered LEGO model. Teams will present their findings at the FIRST LEGO League Jr. World Festival Expo located in the Regency Ballroom.
The Marriott Grand Hotel (MG)
- Marriott Grand Hotel will house a hands-on, Maker Faire-inspired area featuring FIRST Sponsors, Suppliers, Scholarship Providers, and other Special Guests. All FIRST Championship attendees are encouraged to participate in the FIRST Innovation Faire, where attendees can receive exciting giveaways, witness new technology demonstrations, and participate in fun, hands-on activities for all ages.
Peabody Opera House (PB)
- The historic and recently restored, beautiful Peabody Opera House will host the FIRST Tech Challenge Awards Ceremony.
FIRST is requiring that all FIRST Championship attendees register for the event. This includes all team Mentors/Coaches, student team members, and general spectators. Registration grants attendees access to participant-only activities and event transportation. Additionally, registration adds to the security of the expanded event.
Teams are invited to register in advance. Select the registration link to your home Championship:
Volunteers: Volunteer registration will open in January. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Invited Guests: Special Invited Guests registrations are initiated by invitation only and will open in January. If you believe that you should receive an invitation to register, please contact email@example.com
Exhibitors: Innovation Faire Exhibitor registrations are initiated by invitation only and will open in January. If you believe that you should receive an invitation to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: We welcome professional media and communications individuals who meet the eligibility requirements to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST. Registration will open in January. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Travel and Local Info
Check back in 2017 for more information about travel and local info at the FIRST Championships.
Shuttle buses will be provided between campus venues for all registered attendees with badge in St. Louis.